Monday, June 1, 2009

Camping at Pacific Beach







We had such a good four days at Pacific Beach. It was so beautiful! Peaceful, relaxing, and fun. Our normal routine when we are camping is to get up at 7-8, have a latte (this time we brought our Pasquini espresso machine, never again will we go without it) after Dave takes the dogs out, and then reading, breakfast (Dave usually makes breakfast, but I cut up the potatoes in a fine manner) about 9 or 10, then more reading and another latte. Maybe a trip to town, or in this case a day trip one of the days that I will tell you about later. Then lunch, a walk on the beach, more reading, a sit in the sun, a latte, dinner, more reading, more walking, then sleep.
I read a really good book by Joyce Maynard, The Usual Rules. It was about a 13 year old girl whose mother was in one of the towers on sept 11. I cried in it 3 times or maybe more. On the other hand, one of my go-to-sleep movies was PS I Love You, which I was disappointed by. I did not even cry in that one. I thought it rang false. Everyone I talked to had told me it was good, and I have had it from netflix for 2 months and did not want to watch it and cry, so I kept putting it off. Finally watched it on the laptop, to go to sleep with. It just left me cold.
I read some other books, but that Joyce Maynard one was the best. I'm also finishing up a Peter Mayle, Hotel Pastis which is good too, but not great.
Dave took the pictures, it's our lovely trailer with the million dollar view of the beach that we had for 4 days, and then one of the sunsets.

4 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

OOh i'm jealous, I could do with a holiday right now!

Micki x

lilylovekin said...

We have a trailer also and it has changed "camping" into a relaxing get away. I don't have lattes but I get served coffee in bed every morning! We will have to try the beach some day it looks wonderful.

alexkeller said...

I love this beach! And I love good coffee just as much...

Manola C. said...

Ciao Julie! I like your art so much! ^___^ Good work.