Thursday, July 9, 2009

Foxglove at Oswald West State Park





















Author's note** Evidently, I uploaded the uncorrected photos this morning, and the photographer was horrified. So I put the right ones on now, and added a few more.


This park is between Cannon Beach and Manzanita. My family can attest to the whining I have done this spring about having a foxglove photoshoot. I thought it was too late, but here they are at least 2 weeks behind Tacoma in flower bloom. So, we were able to find a pretty place to do it yesterday. Do you see the little creek behind the stand of foxglove? My husband is awesome, he found this place and I held the shiny thing for him. (some big shiny thing that makes a reflection on what he is focusing on)
Today I took photos of Manzanita, they won't be as good as the photographer's, but you will get to see how cute it is.
Anyway, back to the photographer's photos:
To get that stream one, he took off his shoes and socks and stood in icy cold water. brrr!
There's a snail on that mossy branch. Salmonberries, and the red ones are elderberries, ferns, and a mossy path. I need to go look up elderberries, I think the red ones are poison, and the blue ones come later that you can make wine and jelly with. If the red ones were edible, they could make a killing on them here, there are millions of them. Now I will probably have to come back and fix this. I'm probably wrong.
We are off to do some more exploring today.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

AHHHHH How beautiful I love it when i see photos like this My fox glove did not come back this year it was in deep shade but still I love in the high desert

3rdEyeMuse said...

gorgeous, gorgeous photo's ... thanks for sharing!!

lilylovekin said...

Beautiful photos, I always have trouble getting good photos in the deep forest. You and your husband did good!!

Julie Fillo said...

Thank you, Julie, 3rd eye and Lily!
It was fun!

Waterrose said...

absolutely incredible!

Atlantic Arts Photography said...

Glad you're having a good time.. but we miss you! ..and I won't even get to see you when I get back, I'm off on my own adventure!

Tell the photographer his photos are tops! Love them.

Renee said...

Could you please tell the photographer that these are incredible.

How fantastic.

Glad to see the flowers knew that you were worth waiting for.

xoxoxo