Thursday, March 17, 2011

More Demolition Pictures

I wish I had done a hundred paintings recently and could show you the best ten, but I've done one that is a surprise for a patron's niece so I can't even show you that.
But there is some major destruction going on in our house. I'm posting these so I can remember where we were about now, someday when it's done and all clean.
If you want to see what the house looked like before go here.



This is where the new closet and laundry room will be.
Our bedroom, where we've run into a bit of a problem. Apparently the upstairs is an addition and when they added the dormer, they left the old peak on the roof and tied it into the ceiling joists where we want to raise the ceiling. There are consultations going on.
Old bathroom plumbing, where the chimney that has been the bane of our existence was. It's one third of the way gone, thanks to our son.
My studio, where we also wanted to raise the ceiling but won't be able to.
Bathroom. This house was built in 1905 and we recently discovered that it was originally a one bedroom with no bathroom, and an upstairs sleeping porch. The sleeping porch (my studio) was enclosed and a grander staircase, bedroom and bath added second floor in 1917. Our walls aren't talking, but the ceilings are.

2 comments:

kelly z said...

:)

Beverly said...

Oh wow! You're doing a total demo, huh? Are you doing this yourselves? It looks like a lot of work, but I'm sure you're going to love it when you get done.

I'm guessing that the laundry room is on the 2nd floor? That would be pretty cool. Undress and throw the clothes in the hamper. When the hamper is full; walk a few steps to the laundry room.