Thursday, July 22, 2010

New print Week 13 print project "Looking for a Nest"


I have not been able to paint this week. But I just realized I could use this bird from the chair I painted for Kathy Peterson's Design My Adirondack for my print. This bird looks how I feel.
I have been working on getting the house ready for sale and my studio is so clean it hurts. I am being ruthless about getting rid of stuff. And hopefully soon, I will be finding a new nest.
Next tuesday I will be showing the chair I designed for Kathy Peterson.
As usual, the bird image is thanks to my Taiwan friend, Sushyue Liao

9 comments:

rachel awes said...

i love your bird!!

Joji said...

OH! after seeing this bird I can't wait to see how the chair came out...

Rebecca Anthony said...

This bird is wonderful!

Tamara C said...

A little wide-eyed, a little overwhelmed...but beautiful just like you! :) Love this little birdie!!

Kathy Peterson said...

Great choice Julie--I'm so honored that you chose part of your design from my blog hop...thanks!

Martina Voigt-Schmid said...

He looks so cute! Wish you luck for the sale!

. said...

Oh he is just too cute, love it (the look on his face is fantastic). I painted a nest a year ago on a chair ("keep us warm"), if you want to see it you do that here. It was for my friends son. http://mscolourblob.blogspot.com/search/label/Painted%20furniture

Love your painting, and I cant wait to see what you will pain on your chair.

. said...

Oops, sorry that was "paint" and not pain...sorry!!! : )

Kathy Peterson said...

Hey Julie--just posted your teaser --check it out! www.KathyPeterson.com/wordpress/

Tomorrow is the big reveal!