Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tea Party at Sharon's


My friend Sharon gave a tea party yesterday and invited Verna and I to help with it. We had so much fun over two days, making the food together. She invited 8 ladies we know who have all lost their husbands, including my mom. It was a delightful afternoon.




My adorable mom
My dear friends, Sharon and Verna talk to the ladies:
Verna made these amaretto cream cups and a cheese terrine with nut sauce and her famous shortbreadI made a strawberry and pistachio pavlova (foreground, below)and lemon curd tart. Sharon made the chocolate raspberry cakes, a stacked sandwich loaf, quiche and more things than I can remember.
My mom's place setting
Pre-party champs with my friends:



A video of my mom talking about how she first met my dad.

5 comments:

Cris said...

What a fun tea/wine party! The goodies look divine!

Michelle Dent said...

Awww... your mom is adorable... Great Video.

femminismo said...

Sounds/looks like a lovely tea party. Recipe for the pavlova? I'll come back to hear your mom's story when the television is not so loud. (My husband's watching a movie.)

Heather Foust said...

I adore this Julie. I wish I had something like this from my mom. That's lovely.

Sarita Li said...

Oh... I miss Verna. And tea parties. Don't you just love making beautiful food?

That's awesome, inviting ones who have lost husbands. What an idea.

Now I'm going to have to start entertaining again.