Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week 20 52 week print project THE LIGHTHOUSE KEEPERS DAUGHTER


My husband and I love finding lighthouses to photograph, we have quite a collection. It all probably started because my great aunt, Helene, wrote a book called "The Light On The Island" It's based on the true story of her life as a child on Patos Island in the San Juans. We enjoyed reading that book several times, and read it to our children on a memorable sailboat trip several years ago. In fact we had a pretty harrowing night that trip in the cove at Patos Island. The cove there is called Active Cove and it lived up to it's name.

Anyway, that's the story behind this weeks print.

As far as the giveaway goes, I had so many good painting ideas, I really don't know what to do! How do I pick one or two or three? I'm going to sleep on it and let you know tomorrow.
The original is available, please email me here or convo me from etsy.

7 comments:

Tamara C said...

Another stunner!! And the personal story with it is just priceless! Of course, I'm going to look for that book to read now! :)

Sweets, please take my name out of the drawing for the prints, ok? Because I have those and can buy more to give as gifties! But I would still love to see your interpretation of The Blower's Daughter! :)

Micki Wilde said...

Beautiful painting.
I'm a huge lover of lighthouses too!

Micki x

WingingIt said...

i love the charm that the lighthouse ads as well...yummy...love your work!!

Patricia González Palacios said...

Beatiful pictures, sorry I' don't speak ingles, cariños paty

Tina Leavy said...

very nice!

Janine said...

Wow, Julie, I have to find a copy of that book! Sounds interesting! I love your painting!

Renee said...

Sweet friend, she is beautiful. You do these people so beautifully.

Love to you dear heart.

xoxo